07 Apr, 2011
Pink Birthday Cake Pops
Posted by: Romain Vetter In: Recipes
Round two of Starbucks cake pops inspiration. Perfect for any upcoming birthday occasions or baby showers, our pink birthday cake pop recipe is a simple treat you deserve. So happy birthday and happy cake pop!
- 1 box vanilla cake mix or confetti cake mix
- 1/2-3/4 cup cream cheese frosting
- 1 package of pink candy coating (vanilla flavored)
- 1 cup white nonpareils Sprinkles
- 50 Lollipop sticks
- Bake the vanilla or confetti cake mix upon the package direction. Once baked, fully crumble the cake into a large bowl along with the cream cheese frosting. Mix everything by hand until thickened. If needed add a little bit more frosting as you go. Remember you have to use this mix to make your cake balls so the thicker the better.
- Start rolling 1 inch cake pieces into balls. Place them on a tray and cover them with plastic wrap. Now, they need to refrigerate all night.
- The next day, put the pink “vanilla flavor” candy coating into a bowl (that you can microwave). Melt the coating accordingly to the package description. Leave the melted coating on the side and start the dipping process. First, emerge the tip of a lollipop stick into the coating, then and insert into it into a cake balls (leave them on a plate or tray lollipop sticks up). Second, do it for all the cake balls.
- Now you are ready to fully coat the cake balls. Take each cake pop at a time and dip them into the pink candy coating. Make sure you hold the stick correctly and gently rotate the cake pop until covered of delicious candy coating. Tip: tap on the side of the bowl in order to not have too much coating on each pop. Place each cake pop, ball up, on a styrofoam block. Quickly sprinkle the white nonpareils sprinkles. Be quick because the coating will start getting harder quick. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. That’s it!
Baking time: 35-40 minutes. – Servings: 45. – Back to Top