25 Mar, 2011
Sugar Cookie Cake Pops
Posted by: Nadia Mansour In: Recipes
Our fans are starting to love us. Maybe because we are bringing them awesome cake pop recipes? possibly. This Sugar Cookie Cake Pop recipe was created by our twitter friend Nadia Mansour. They weren’t done in 2 minutes which make them even more tastier…
*tip* To make the Cake I suggest baking them into cupcake pans so that you can reduce the baking time to 15-20 minutes at 350 F as apposed to baking a whole cake and cooking it for 30+ minutes just to get the center cooked. (This is my original sugar cookie cupcake recipe)!!!
- 2 Sticks (1 Cup) of unsalted room temperature butter
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla bean paste (if unavailable you may use 2tsp of regular vanilla extract)
- 3 Eggs (or 3/4 Egg beaters)
- 2 Cups of Sour Cream
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
… put all 3 ingredients in a separate bowl and give a quick stir …
Cake Batter Instructions:
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature. Start mixing your butter on med speed with your 2 cups of sugar until pale and fluffy in texture. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add in your vanilla and lemon zest. Add in your 2 Cups sour cream and mix for about a minute until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Now add your flour, baking powder and baking soda mixture a cup at a time to your wet ingredients until just incorperated. Be sure to not over mix. Fill the batter into muffin pans and cook for aprox 15-20 minutes at 350 F. The batter doesnt go golden when fully cooked. It is the color of a sugar cookie!
- Let all cupcakes cool completely. In the meantime, make your frosting.
- 1/2 Cup unsalted room temperature butter
- 3-4 Cups confectioners sugar
- 3 (or more to taste) tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
How to (frosting):
- Get your butter into a mixer on med speed.
- 2. Turn the mixer on stir and add in your confectioners sugar 1 Cup and a time until incorporated
- Add in lemon juice and vanilla extract
–Putting it all together–
- Put all your cooled cupcakes into a mixer and beat them until they form crumbs (you may do this by hand or any other method).
- Start adding in the frosting a cup at a time and put your mixer on med. Speed.
- Keep adding frosting until a play-dough consistency has been formed and everything gets incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out balls and roll them with your hands. This will ensure that you get the same sized cake pop throughout.
- Us your favorite chocolate or candy melts to dip and decorate.
Optional: You may buy a bag of 100 small plastic treat bags, stick each cake pop in them and tie off with a ribbon.
Watch part 2, 3 and 4 on our YouTube channel.
Baking time: 35-40 minutes. – Servings: 55. – Back to Top