18 Feb, 2011
Nesting Twitter Mini Cupcakes
Posted by: Romain Vetter In: Recipes
I was looking for a good, actually, just “a” Twitter cupcake recipe and found this one over at Martha Stewart. Needless to say, I had to share it with you fans – Enjoy the Nesting Twitter Mini Cupcakes. A true social media recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut (about 5 ounces)
- Vanilla Cupcakes Chocolate Buttercream
- Yellow and light-blue food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating pan once. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly frost cupcakes with 1 cup chocolate buttercream; set aside. Tint 2 tablespoons reserved buttercream pale yellow; place in a pastry bag fitted with a #349 Ateco leaf tip; set aside. Tint remaining buttercream light blue; place in a pastry bag fitted with a #11 Ateco plain round tip, and pipe three bluebird heads, 3/4 inch in diameter, onto each cupcake. Using leaf tip, pipe yellow beaks. With a toothpick, add melted-chocolate eyes. Form each nest with 2 tablespoons toasted coconut.
Baking time: 8-10 minutes. – Servings: 12. – Back to Top